Professional Member Benefits include:
- Professional Packets including clinic & office forms, patient education tools and more
- Find A Practitioner directory, where patients can find you
- Expert advice on billing & coding, Workers Comp and more
- Journal of Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine (JAIM) CSOMA’s semi-annual peer-reviewed journal
- Meridians: The Journal of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- AOM Supply and Service Discounts from participating sponsors
- Continuing Education Discounts on CSOMA events and sponsored events
- American Society of Acupuncturists (ASA) membership
- Professional Advocacy protecting your scope of practice from encroachment
- Calendar of News & Events including CAB meetings, industry-related events, continuing education
- Leadership & Professional Development Opportunities including mentorship, expert topic designation, CSOMA committee participation, Board Member eligibility and more!
- A sense of satisfaction knowing that you’re participating at the deepest level of your profession!
Reduced membership dues are offered to Faculty, DAOM/Doctoral Transition professionals, and newly-licensed practitioners. Dues can be paid one-time annually, or monthly as auto-pay.
Professional Membership for Faculty
- Faculty Membership is only available to California licensed acupuncturists who teach at an institution offering a California Acupuncture Board (CAB) approved training program.
- Teaching in a post-graduate doctoral program is acceptable as long as the program is offered through an institution that also offers a CAB approved program.
- To qualify, proof of faculty standing (e.g., faculty ID, paystub) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 800.477.4564.
Professional Membership for DAOM / Doctoral Transition Students
Available to practitioners who are currently licensed to practice acupuncture by the California Acupuncture Board, and enrolled in a DAOM/DACM program.
Professional Members are eligible to:
- Vote on all matters submitted for a vote of the membership, including election of the Board of Directors;
- Serve on the Board of Directors; and
- Serve as Officers of the Board.