Call for Papers (January-April 1, 2022)
- This issue’s theme is “integrative approaches to care using acupuncture and East Asian medicine for oncology support and palliative care.” Please note: due to legality and practice acts, we will be unable to accept any articles claiming to cure or specifically treat cancer.
- We are seeking the following:
- Of particular interest, though not limited to, are submissions related to: (1) oncology programs at hospitals, major medical centers, or integrative practices that include acupuncture and East Asian medicine; (2) clinically effective treatments and protocols for oncology support; (3) case studies or case series for supportive oncology treatments; (4) cautions, contraindications, and clinical guidelines for the safe use of acupuncture and Chinese medicine in oncology support; (5) meta-analysis of current research; (6) reviews of new books or clinical trainings related to oncology support and East Asian medicine. Doctoral theses are welcome!
- Possible questions to answer in your article:
Do you work in a hospital or integrative care setting? Do you provide inpatient or outpatient care? How integrated are you with other medical practitioners? Are you using acupuncture, herbal medicine, or other modalities? What obstacles or barriers to care do you or your patients face? Do you have a compelling treatment protocol and case study to share? Do you have images, photos, tables, or graphics that relate to your practice?
- Articles should be no more than 3,000 words in length, contain an abstract, and follow reference guidelines of the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Articles will be peer-reviewed in April-May of 2022 with final publishing decisions made by June 2022.
- Papers can be submitted to JAIM via Scholastica. Cost to submit papers is $10.00. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Any additional questions regarding authorship should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues!