CSOMA Committee updates for November 2017.
Are you inspired about the acupuncture profession?
Do you want to participate in CSOMA, but aren’t quite sure how to get involved?
Have you considered joining a CSOMA Committee?
CSOMA’s committees meet weekly for around 30 minutes.
CSOMA’s committees get A LOT done each week for our profession.
CSOMA’s committees welcome inspired volunteers to collaborate on short and long term projects.
Contact us to get involved!
Futures Committee Updates
- Working with student population by:
- Creating CSOMA Student Leadership Program
- Creating 2018 CSOMA Student Scholarship Essay Contest
- Arranging talks at schools for CSOMA board members
CEU/Events Committee Updates
- Planning May conference:
- Toured and secured venue at the Oakland Conference Center
- Contacting potential speakers
- Reaching out to vendors for exhibit hall
- Planning marketing and outreach for conference registration
- Researching catering options
Public Policy Advisory Committee
- Researched and formed comprehensive spreadsheet of state legislators to contact about the “Acupuncture Hill Briefing Report”
Drafting position papers on NCCAOM vs. CALE and on Dry Needling
Researching illegal practice of dry needling in CA state
Publications Committee Updates
Worked with marketing director in creating outreach materials for 2017 Pacific Symposium
Supporting the creation of 2018 California Journal of Oriental Medicine (CJOM)
Drafting acupuncture “info” pamphlets intended for use in member clinics