Join the CSOMA board of directors for the 2022-24 term!
WHO JOINS THE CSOMA BOARD?
- CSOMA board members are healthcare visionaries and fierce patient advocates who are advancing the practice of acupuncture and integrative medicine.
- Most of us work at hospitals, with the VA, in integrative clinical settings or in other leadership positions.
- Many of us are dual-licensed (LAc + MD, ND, PT, RN, CNT, etc).
- All of us are dedicated to improving patient care through CSOMA’s legislative advocacy, education, communication, and support for acupuncture students and professionals.
Meet the CSOMA team at https://csomaonline.org/about/
WHICH BOARD POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
This year, the CSOMA professional membership will elect:
- 2 new Professional Directors (LAc)
- 1 new Associate Director (industry partner, vendor, etc.)
- 1 new Student Director (full or part time student status)
* Any Professional, Associate or Student Member in good standing may apply.
**Elections will go out to the membership if we receive more applications than available seats.
WHAT AM I AGREEING TO BY JOINING THE CSOMA BOARD?
Your 1-2 hour per week volunteer commitment involves:
- 1 weekly zoom call per week (30-60 mins) on a committee in your passion area.
- 6 annual board meetings per year (currently being held via zoom, usually on a Sunday morning). Travel expenses are covered when applicable for conferences or other events.
- Clear, mindful communication skills and a generous spirit of teamwork.
- A positive drive to unify and advance our profession.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Send your application (your resume + letter of interest) to (email@example.com) before Friday, March 18 , 2022. You’ll be contacted by CSOMA by April 1, 2022.
WHAT DOES A CSOMA BOARD MEMBER DO?
Below are a few of our Board Committees; each Committee has an appointed Chair, who organizes monthly meetings to discuss plans on how each member can contribute to achieving specific topics as listed below. If you have an interest in the topics and or committees, please consider volunteering to help make positive changes for our profession.
- Futures Committee: Project for 2022-24 terms. Organize Lobby Day in Sacramento for CA Acupuncturists to meet our legislators and raise awareness re: Acupuncture.
- CEU and Events Committee: Work with local professionals to co-host Continuing Educational Events and mini regional conferences, Outreach to CSOMA members to inform them of discounted CEU and events.
- Public Policy Advisory Committee: Have an interest in Politics? Research, review and weigh in on policy affecting acupuncturists in CA. Topics include: dry needling, education and training programs, scope of practice and safety.
- Publications Advisory Committee: Have an interest in research, writing and development. Help organize the Journal of Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine (JAIM). A semiannual publication peer reviewed journal-containing articles, which emphasize research and clinical practice of the AOM profession.
- Governance Committee: This Committee consists of Professional members who help organize elections and select the initial slate of nominees who will best serve the interests of CSOMA and its members.
ARE THERE OTHER WAYS I CAN PARTICIPATE IN CSOMA?
If you aren’t able to contribute time, please consider becoming a member of CSOMA. Your support helps shape and support the numerous hours of volunteer work our Board contributes to shaping our profession.